Art Renewal Center Salon 2012-2013 & Shane Wolf. . .

Shane in the Grand Manner
I was so happy to find out  Shane Wolf (featured above in a self-portrait) has been bestowed and recognized with a couple of wonderful honors in the latest 2012-2013 ARC Salon.  I believe his work to be quite incredible. . .and he was so over-the-top nice to do an e-mail interview with me in July of 2010, featured in this blog.  A quick link is in the right hand column - you may have to scroll down.  Shane's work continues to stop me in my tracks and is obviously revered by many.   

He won "Best Nude" - a piece titled "Thrust" - it's a large, 39" x 88" work that is not only powerful but sensitive at the same time.  The flesh is rendered beautifully and the texture on hi-res sends me over the moon.  The "Best Nude Runner-Up" is also a work by Shane and a Purchase Prize!  The title is "Daydream" and it's 39" x 19.5".  A quiet, soft rendering of a lovely female showing his deft skill at rendering flesh and form and creating mood. 

Visit the ARC site, www.artrenewal.org to view the winners and do take the time to study the paintings in hi-res.  Quite extraordinary.

I offer my congratulations to Shane and look forward to seeing where his immense talent and hard work takes him next. 
Bravo!
 
Find Shane at:  www.shane-wolf.com

Comments

  1. I know; a little mysterious, maybe even moody, yet not. The pink is brilliant as far as it all working!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts