Heating up and checking in. . .


Reynolda Hay Bales . September 2013
Heating up as in busy, not in temperature! 
 
No, I haven't been in France, although, according to my inbox, I think every artist on the planet has been there this summer.  Au contraire my readers, these hay bales appeared seemingly overnight at Reynolda Village, just a hop, skip and jump from my house.  I often walk here in the morning and got this picture the other day - just in time as they were completely gone the next day. 
Bam!

It's predictable, isn't it?  Once school starts it's as if we've all awakened into a new reality. . .even if you don't follow the school calendar anymore.  Only three months to Thanksgiving, then comes Christmas, etc.!  Let the head spinning begin.  Fall is such a wonderful, gorgeous time of year and with it comes festivals, art shows, fundraisers, wine tastings, celebrations.  Need I mention Halloween?  Shaking off  the August malaise we dive right in to help move another year to a close.

You know I always get quiet when working on a commission, and hopefully I'll have my client's permission to blog about it soon. . .it's been a really great experience and I'll use it as an excuse for not posting more <grin>.  Last week Elmwood Reflections (a big hit on my Facebook business page and a painting I've previously blogged about) was accepted into a local show for their Summer Memories exhibit.  I'm always humbled when a gallery accepts any of my work and Hampton House Art and Framing, a Winston Salem long-established business, showcases beautiful work.  They told me today they will feature 50 paintings for the show so I'm really looking forward to the opening and art this Thursday.   

Elmwood Reflections . 12" x 16" . oil on linen panel
By the way, don't be shy - LIKE my Facebook Business Page:
Psst:  It's FREE!
 
I'm working on (read struggling with) a new painting in the Alaska series and I'm going to drag out the extra large canvases to see what I'm really made of in the coming weeks.  Takes my breath away!  Stay tuned, please and thank you, for more updates. 
 
P.S.  Speaking of holidays, they (the TV Gods) have already started showing "Love Actually" again.  I confess to viewing it yet again and  still crying.  I mean, for a holiday movie it has it all. . .death, romance, bromance, infidelity, children. . .can you believe it?
 
 
 
 


Comments

  1. I love hay bales too... never did get a good shot this summer.
    Congratulations on the art show. Your painting really does speak to the beauty of summer...
    I am still basking in the sun and pretending that fall and all the holidays are creeping closer!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts