This second day of winter. . .

Christmas Surprise . 8 x 8 . oil on panel

There's warm rain falling in North Carolina today.  My friends know I prefer gentle (quick melting) snow at this time of the year, but you will not find a complaint hidden in there!  

Does it go unspoken, as we get close to ending 2013, my deep gratitude for all who have reached out to me over this past year, whether "art related" or not? 

At times it seems a little too predictable, too contrived - maybe disingenuous is the right word - to broadcast feelings when time-honored holidays roll around.  Especially as I am keen on respecting deeply held personal beliefs, and I also know some are wrestling with life's largest challenges right this very minute.  Oh to have a magic wand. . .   
 
You know I struggle with this, as I find the very act of putting myself out there (the new social-media-business-model of today) squirm-worthy. 

I seldom raised my hand in class, all those years ago, so you see I haven't strayed too far from that little girl in school . . .

So, in an effort to raise my hand,

what I'd like to convey is my palpable recognition of how so many of you have showered me with simple loving kindness - whether it was a note, a phone call, a purchased painting, a helping hand, a recommendation of my work, an evening out, a smile, a listening ear, a meal, a hug, an inclusion of my company, a soft place to land.  What a difference it all made in another transition year for me living on my own and creating art.  

My good fortune, not measured in dollars, humbly fortifies the act of paying it forward whenever I can.   

May the spirit of loving kindness find a home in your heart - for keeps - always and forever.  

 


Comments

Popular Posts