Happy Thanksgiving!

Snow Robin  .  8 x 8  .  oil on panel
SOLD

My favorite holiday is right around the corner - I'd like to think we all have a deep appreciation and fondness for the Thanksgiving holiday.  A chance to "break bread" with people we care about and to feel immensely grateful for our lives -  especially when the world seems so unsettled and sometimes unkind of late. 

I've just completed two portraits that are Christmas gifts, commissioned by loving grandparents, and I'll be sharing those after the first of the year.  I'm now painting a new heartfelt portrait, but in between I've had the chance to do a few small paintings for the Etsy shop, www.Etsy.com/shop/SandyDonn


Baby It's Cold Outside  .  6 x 6  .  oil on panel
Available in my Etsy Shop
 A whimsical moose to get me in the spirit of the season - I simply love these creatures.  Their profile just makes me smile - as I've said before on this blog, I still miss the former TV series Northern Exposure and the opening "moose" walking down the street. This may become an annual thing, as my last moose painting sold and I just may need to get my fix every year, hence Baby It's Cold Outside

 Nekkid Cherry Pie  .  6 x 6  .  oil on panel
Available in my Etsy Shop

Who doesn't start thinking about food when the night closes in so early and the temperature drops?  Do we not turn to comfort food?  Cherry pie was my childhood favorite and may still be.  I liked it absolutely plain, as there was nothing to interfere with that cherry taste - you know, like melting ice cream sullying my pie. . .I know, maybe a little weird.  Did I mention how much fun this was to paint?

I've been super quiet of late - yes, I moved (!) then got right to work on commissions - the thrum of social media kept marching on while I got back in step with my work routine. 
At times I feel I'm not in the current race to the top - the race to be clever on Facebook, to Tweet my condensed feelings, to blog more often, to Instagram photos, to pin on Pinterest!  "Help, I've fallen and I can't get up!" is often my go-to feeling, but I soldier on to say I'm still here and I'm painting! 

I'm hugely grateful for those who have expressed or shown their faith in me and my painting.  I love hearing from people who read the blog.  I hope to have more "face" time with folks this coming year; for my part I plan to make a better effort at that.  Join me, won't you?  I don't want to be isolated with devices - I want the warmth of connection. 

Wishing you and yours a peaceful, loving Thanksgiving . . .



 


Comments

Popular Posts