Better late than never. . .

Miss X  .  36" x 12"  .  oil on linen canvas

Okay, so I got carried away after coming off a string of commissions and this painting just kept going on and on with bits and pieces continually added!  I had been reading English memoirs and thinking of Downton Abbey days. . . then out of the blue felt challenged to put Sargent's Madame X in the background.  That was a total delight to work on whilst I made up the wallpaper, frame, dress, etc.  Note:  chandeliers are hard to capture!  Anyway, it's totally whimsical - was long overdue and is now in my Etsy shop:  www.Etsy.com/shop/SandyDonn. Yes, she's standing on a table and that's a rabbit!

Since I last posted, there was the very, very sad news of the sudden passing of the lovely Evelyn Horton Rickert who had commissioned me to paint her husband, Robert Dale Rickert, shortly after this past Christmas and featured in my recent April 3rd post, Behind the Scenes. 

Bob Rickert
She was someone who glowed brilliantly, leaving an indelible impression, and I shall never forget the time I spent with her while I brought Bob's portrait to fruition.    I will miss not getting to know her better and seeing her smiling, welcoming face.  Farewell dear Evelyn.

As Mother's Day came along the peonies were in bloom here in North Carolina - my neighbor presented me with a cut bloom from her yard, placed into a quirky little vase with a ribbon tied into a bow!  I put it in the studio area where "she" called to me and wouldn't leave me alone until I gave her proper attention.  She begged to be painted for posterity!  Here you have Peony Gift. . .it, or rather she, brightened my days considerably.
  

Peony Gift  .  14" x 11"  .  oil on linen canvas

Keeping with the flower momentum, I then painted a pot of flowers that probably shouts "SUMMER" loud and clear. . .I'm a sucker for those old terra cotta pots!

 Impatiens  .  8" x 8"  .  oil on linen panel

I think I've got it out of my system now, and all can be found in my Etsy shop. 
Sending wishes for some easy livin' and lots of natural beauty surrounding you this summer. 




 

 

Comments

Popular Posts