Tender Moment

Tender Moment  .  8 x 10  .  oil on linen mounted on aluminum


The August blues are trying to creep up on me!  What an unexpected year I've had - it has proved so vividly that we are not in control and things simply happen.  

Nothing earth shattering, but let's just say, things changed beginning with coming down with the flu, or some horrible virus mid-February.  I've been slowly moving out of new aches and pains that I have never had before, so I'm hoping for continued improvement. Meanwhile, I'm busy manifesting all good things. . .and yeah, the work continues.

Speaking of good things, a recent little painting, Tender Moment, was indeed a way to recall  a good thing.

A beautiful bride, the daughter of a good friend, marked her earlier-in-time marriage with a lovely celebration this summer for all her family and far-flung friends to attend. From the pictures it looked like a day-into-evening to remember!

The artist has a unique way to gift - painting something personal for others is, of course, a gift of their time and ability - combine that with a captured spontaneous moment and you have the makings of something you hope will be meaningful.  It's not the latest toaster, but perhaps will bring a smile of remembrance to lips.  Here a mother and daughter sharing what can only be called a tender moment...oh, those baby fingers! The look of wonder!

I'm currently working on a portrait commission which cannot be revealed yet - it's keeping the painting "chops" alive and well.  This morning I woke up to a sell from my Etsy shop - Biltmore View - an oil landscape which was packed and shipped this afternoon.  Always wonderful news and a reason to feel humbled and grateful.  My last trip to the Biltmore Estate yielded three paintings, all sold now.  Looks like I need to travel over for another visit, don't you think?  Below:  Biltmore View, Biltmore Roses and Lost Art.





Let's get August over - September sounds divine!



Comments

Popular Posts