"My life is brilliant. . .

My love is pure.  I saw an angel.  Of that I'm sure."
- James Blunt

Stolen Moment - oil on panel

What better muse than my granddaughter?  This is a panel I've been working on of late. It's just about where I want it now, so I decided to share it.   

Thanks to artist Brenda Behr (http://www.brendabehr.com/) I attended the Scott Burdick demonstation this past weekend. . .three hours of wonderful.  Scott and his artist wife, Susan Lyon, are about as nice as you can possibly imagine!  To say their artistic talent is huge is an understatement and certainly doesn't do justice to the work they both create.  They are the total package. . .genuine, relaxed, giving; the model was devine and watching Scott develop her portrait was truly amazing.  Besides his masterful painting, Scott's sweet wit added to the event - you can find their paintings, books, videos, galleries, advice, etc., at http://www.scottburdick.com/.    

Meanwhile I'm getting ready to hang watercolor work at the Lewisville Library for the month of April.  Lewisville was officially incorporated in 1991 and is one of the fastest growing communities in Forsyth County.  It's just up the road a piece and has a reputation for maintaining its small town ambiance!  The library is exceptional and handsome in the central downtown area just adjacent to the park. . .it has an auditorium/gallery area made perfect for showing art . 

Soon I'll be on the road for some landscape reference material - the season is really beginning to change here with flowering trees in bloom and that bright spring-green haze is beginning on those that simply leaf out.  The "super-moon" was a special delight over the weekend. . .just "brilliant" when viewed from the back deck on Friday night.    

"My life is brilliant.  My love is pure. . ." 
- James Blunt







Comments

Popular Posts