I love the sound of 2012!

Twenty twelve is much more magical, don't you think?  I never cared for the sound of 2011. . .it sounded like homework, washing the dishes, raking the leaves, cleaning the bathroom.  So mundane and unromantic.  But there's something exciting about the mere sound of 2012. . .it rolls off the tongue, slides from the pen so naturally and easily.  Does this portend a rollicking, one-for-the-yearbook, wizardly year?  I'm going to pretend that it does, no matter what!  With such a pleasing sound, it's bound to be better than last. . .so goodbye 2011, good riddance 2011, you'll not be seeing me shed one tear of regret.  And make no mistake. . .the year was not "bad" for me. . .I just didn't like the "sound" of it!

"May you have as much fun as you can before someone makes you stop."

I would give credit to this picture if I knew who took it. . .the scene is familiar if you've raised a puppy!  It's been circulating, percolating on the Web for a while, but it never fails to make me smile. . .the caption says it all, and it's my wish for you. 

I have a new theory. . .the overload of information we are exposed to everyday from everywhere makes us lose our sense of humor.  How?  Seems we are being warned, forbidden, informed of the worst, cautioned, admonished, berated about everything.  Too much information. . .as they say, "Ignorance is bliss."  This is my usual rant and I will be the FIRST to admit that I have fallen for this hook line and sinker. . .and what's more I share this particular gore to anyone who will listen.  AAACCCCCKKKK!  

I don't make resolutions, but I am going to attempt to lighten up this next, wonderful-sounding year.  Want to join me?  

Soon I will be posting work that was commissioned - I'm still in the midst of painting an adorable baby boy.  It's hard not to grin big when painting the freshness, the newbie-glow of a baby.  I admit to being a bit stingy of late. . .not wanting to share a morsel of myself with anyone!  It's part of the creative life, as I've written here before.  This too shall pass and I am already seeing the promise of a more chatty future! 

Wishing you all a magical year. . .


Comments

Popular Posts