First Snow. . .

First Snow - Borrowed Gloves . 14" x 11" . oil on panel

Perverse you say - to be painting snow scenes in July, during the blistering, relentless days we've just experienced?  Whew!  Perhaps, but it just seems so right to me!  During the summer lull it's always good to get around to paintings that have been on the back burner for some time.  It clears the cobwebs out and pays it forward with some kind of satisfaction quotient that floats on the edges of your mind. 
"You knew one day you'd get to it!"

Speaking of mind and thoughts - my neighborhood has been eerily quiet of late, what with people on vacations and the heat.  I cannot overstate how quiet it's been!  That in turn seems to lead me down equally quiet, contemplative paths punctuated by an occasional lunch or dinner with friends, the required errands and some occasional toe dipping into social media.  I think I'm becoming BORING!  Yes, the pace is decidedly slower and there's been a lot of talk lately about people unplugging, particularly for their children's sake.  Are we spinning for the sake of spinning or are there rewards gained? 
 I have no idea, and guiltily will admit to fussing (interpret freely!) about some of my peers' lack of desire to be plugged in at all.     

Suddenly and comically this all sounds like too much to be contemplated, let alone solved.  So be it. . .I'll put these thoughts on the back burner for the time being and just be happy with having completed a snow scene in July. . .it's time to think about dinner and a glass of wine - ah, summer. . .
P.S.  A thought to share: I have been absolutely astounded by the beautiful, quality art being produced by so many artists these days - it literally blows my mind and feels like some kind of huge tribute to beauty in and amongst the residue of our daily lives. 
Viva la art!  











Comments

Popular Posts