Let's move elections to August. . .


Winston Salem  Autumn . October . 2012

 
I'm finally back to painting this week. . .feels like slipping on an old, favorite shoe.  I managed to bring home a cold after my trip to Charleston, and while gone - then nearly comatose for a week upon my return - the leaves changed.  The last few days have been delicious in temperature and exquisitely startling for some bursts of color, especially in yellows and reds.  Now the "Herculean" task of getting all the leaves to the curb for city-wide leaf collection begins.  It will go on until the last collection in January!  
 
 
I've been thinking about how we should move our national elections to the month of August.  It's my least favorite month of the year - always met with a great groan from many.  We're tired of the endless summer, it's in between and precludes the beautiful fall, sort of an unfulfilled month.  I love my August born friends, so please don't take this personally.  It's stressful isn't it, to have the election in November?  There's Halloween and candy, Thanksgiving on the horizon - joyful fun things to plan for, yet all the while we hear the constant poll updates and what passes for civilized conversation regarding candidates.  Accusations, alliances, money and whatnot - just takes the wind out of my sails.  I would prefer this happen in a month that already seems to be a write-off for many. . .August. 
 



Bear with me while I think this through. . .
 (detail from a Master Copy by me . oil on canvas . 12 x 12)
 
January wouldn't do. . .must get back to reality after Christmas; February is Valentine's Day and that would just be too hypocritical.  March is absolutely too stormy; April is delightfully too spring beautiful, who could think straight?  May is graduation, June brings summer vacation, July is a continuation of that along with the 4th!  That leaves August.  I'm voting for that.
 
Speaking of stormy - let's hope Hurricane Sandy leaves the lights on in the northeast for election day.  Are there rules for that?  What if?
 
I'll be showing the latest painting very soon - right here.  Stay tuned. . .
 

 



Comments

Popular Posts