Here and now. . .

Home is where the heart is. . .

My move to a new place took the greater part of the last month - hence the blog was silenced and art making was stopped cold in its tracks.  I was mid-painting and now I keep staring at it wondering what the impetus was!  Thankfully I have a commission to jump start all the juju now needed to begin again. . .
 
I won't bore you with the details - let's just say that I'm glad the worst is over.  I pretended to be a mule for weeks and I've had enough of that now.  I learned you can work so long and hard that you don't ever get hungry.  And that every house has Christmas tree needles SOMEWHERE.  I've packed, planned, hauled, lifted, re-created and cleaned, but I've landed in a lovely smaller place that has quickly stolen my heart. 
 
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
~ Desiderata
 
We really only have the here and now - like labor, the pain of moving is quickly forgotten and made invisible by new neighbors who are welcoming and friendly.  For one who lived in the same house for twenty-seven years and has now moved three times in the last eight years, well it just proves we never know what script we will be handed let alone how we will cope.  I sheepishly admit some of my courses were in pure DRAMA, born out of the unknown. . .yet I have remarked several times, in my own busy-bee mind, that the universe is unfolding as it should and it's placing me in an arena to learn new strengths, new friends, new challenges.
  
So dear readers, I'm back this early spring - seeking renewal and new beginnings - hoping you will continue to join me here to share.
New work soon!
Meanwhile, I'll share one of my award winning paintings, Serenity.
 
 
Sometimes I have to remind myself that I paint! 
 
 
 
 
 
 



 


Comments

  1. Lovely room is filled with wonderful art I see... Painting is lovely also. Hope you enjoy your new place! I don't know how I missed that you moved? Did you downsize?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts