Slowest painter. . .EVER!

Kenai Drift Boat . 24" x 36" . in progress, o/c
I'm posting this evening to simply show the progression on this painting (in comparison to the last post).  It's a long way from finished and EVERY area needs touching!  I suppose I should take heart at how it's evolving.  Okay I will, and then definitely leave off the complaining about how slow it seems to be going.  I simply cannot quit having high expectations of myself, and I suppose that's what drives me to try new things - a test, if you will.  Obviously growing pains can happen at any age!  
 
'Nuff said.  It's Friday and I'm thinking I'll put this rather large painting (for me!) aside to dry for a few days so I can continue to paint on it and finish this next week - in my usual layers.  Meanwhile, I'll start something new.   
 
I varnished an important painting this past week - I have to recommend the "satin" finish you can create with Gamvar vanish.  They have a great video on their website to explain the process - you use Cold Wax Medium, make a slurry to add to your Gamvar to brush on.  Wow!  It creates such a beautiful finish and I highly recommend it.  Over the last couple of years I've had questions for the Gamblin people and they are superb.  They either e-mail or call you right back within 24 hours to give you the support you so often need.  After all, when you have clients putting their trust in you for an archival painting you must be at the top of your game.  Thank you Gamblin for being there! 
 
 
Oh, P.S.  Don't think this is always a cake walk.  I was rejected from a national juried show this past week.  A local/national thing that I was juried into before. . .it always stings, but you simply have to come out swinging after you've spent a little time licking your wounds.  
 
 
  

Comments

  1. Sandy, it is simply beautiful. The colors are so natural and love all the deep and lush greens... very peaceful painting... it must give you much pleasure...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts