2018 Sales and a New Year!



Merry Moose  .  11 x 14  .  oil on canvas

Happy New Year!

Well, I'm definitely running behind and haven't posted in SO long, but I'll make an attempt here to finally bring things up to date.  It was a busy last quarter of 2018 that actually saw nine oil paintings (existing work!) swoosh out the door to places like Texas, New York, Virginia, Florida and North Carolina.  I was scrambling for packing material and busy doing paper work to go along with the shipping.  How welcomed the sales were on the heels of the last portrait commission.  To say I am/was filled with gratitude is a complete understatement.  You paint with your heart, and when it touches someone else's heart, especially unexpectedly, it's absolutely wonderful.  

I was able to get the annual Moose painting accomplished over Christmas - Merry Moose above.  He's larger than the usual quick Moose, but I really, really wanted to just put some paint on a canvas!  I finished Did Someone Say Carrots? as we slid into 2019.  These three rascals have already taken a road trip via FedEx and found a new home in Tennessee! 


Did Someone Say Carrots?  .  20x10  .  oil on canvas  

In the meantime I've been working on a new commission - a portrait of two dogs after a swim in the woods! I have to say I have enjoyed every minute at the easel with this painting and hope to reveal it very soon.  

I'm so looking forward to being inspired and letting the seeds of creativity work its magic this year.  Like always, I'll be looking for growth and challenge - that goes without saying.  Because I paint many genres, there's that wonderful opportunity (just waiting!) to make a statement like no other before.  The discipline of serious study and constant work go hand in hand with my goals for 2019.  I hope you continue to join me.

"ART is the inevitable consequence of growth and is the manifestation of the principles of its origin.  The work of art is a result; is the output of a progress in development and stands as a record and marks the degree of development.  It is not an end in itself, but the work indicates the course taken and the progress made." 
 ~ Robert Henri from The Art Spirit

Sweet luck and love to you all. . . 



Comments

Popular Posts