The Latest

After the Swim, Eddie & Ellie .  24x24 .  oil on canvas

At times something really special comes your way . . .out of the blue, right?  I was contacted to possibly paint two dogs who had "walked into a couple's life" as pups.  If I remember correctly, they were seemingly abandoned.  Luckily, they walked into love and a really great life with their adopted humans.  I read something the other day about people "not deserving dogs" - speaking to the goodness and unconditional love dogs give. If you are connected at all or even minimally to the animal world you know what joy they can bring - their understanding and loving eyes can make a difference in a day, can lead you out of darkness, can bring a laugh to your lips.  Here they're pictured in a natural setting, probably close to their home in the mountains. . .they had been swimming and their usual smooth coats showed a little texture (woof and warp, so to speak!) from the water.  Eddie and Ellie - I love their names and it was so great to paint them.  What you can't see from this photo is the texture on the canvas. . .the flecks of color throughout the work.  It really has to be seen in person . . .


I changed gears and went immediately to a small landscape study that I may turn into a larger painting later this year.

Coastal Beauty  .  8x10  .  oil on canvas

This one will be listed in my Etsy Shop later today, and will be available in about a week or two after varnishing.  One thing about Instagram, you get to see the fabulous shots of sunsets around the world, depending upon who you follow - my gosh, this year seems to be incredibly surreal with brilliant, breathtaking skies.  Taking a cue from that, I made up a "sherbet-like" one just because.  It's been hideously grey and rainy here in the Piedmont this winter, and this truly was the cure.  Imagination rules!

I couldn't help myself - I returned to the animal world with a horse painting.  This was a sweet barn horse out at Tanglewood Park located close to Winston.  I love how they greet you, most probably looking for a snack of sorts, right?  

Tanglewood Horse Saying Hello  .  14x11  .  oil on canvas

Oh the sweetness!  Be still my heart.  This too will be listed in my Etsy Shop later today, and will be available in a couple of weeks. . .  



Comments

Popular Posts