Never Say Never & Catch Up Time!

Detail . Love in a Cold Climate

Way back in the summer, in my last post, I said it took everything to NOT put lights in Kat's eyes.  Well, I failed at that miserably and went back in after posting to remedy it, and frankly I felt so much better!  They are subtle, but important.  Anyway, just wanted to get that out of the way!

Family obligations took me out of my art realm for over a month, so I have sorely neglected this blog.  Since getting back into the saddle I've accomplished a few paintings to show as well as three commissions, which cannot be shown as of yet.  The panic of getting back to work never leaves but one day you just simply start.  Up until that time I can vouch that one gets everything in order in your life because it's a distraction and stalling technique from facing the easel!  

Changing Season . 30x10 . oil on canvas

I do love this size canvas in both horizontal and vertical fashion.  The verticals are really great to hang in those spaces, say like, between doors, fitting in nicely between beautiful moldings.  This scene was taken from my numerous marsh references from the time I was frequently traveling between Charleston and North Carolina.  The far mountain range is imagined as I truly needed to experiment a bit to feel comfortable back in the studio!  A photo doesn't really capture it as the colors are richer and the texture is more evident in person. . .

Happy Boy . 14 x 11 . oil on canvas

Who doesn't love a Border Collie?  This guy lives on top of a small mountain in North Carolina, over near Deep Gap. . .with a lot of dairy cows!  His intelligence and beautiful demeanor was a thing to behold, and I've wanted to paint him for some time now.  It was the right time, on the heels of the bulldog Louise's portrait. I find all faces, whether human or animal, to be uniquely fascinating!  

Speaking of faces. . .

 Payson . 8 x 10 . oil on linen canvas

If this doesn't make you smile, then nothing will!  My gosh, I loved painting this little girl for her very special family.  Capturing a moment in time when she was small - it's one thing to have a photograph framed, but to have an oil painting that will truly last, where it can be lovingly displayed is, as they say, priceless. I'm always honored when I'm commissioned to paint for people.

As we've headed into the holidays I've done a few small paintings between the commissions just for fun.  I'll share these here. . .

Pomme de Pin .  6x6 . oil on linen covered panel

Christmas Ribbon . 6x8 . oil on linen

White Tulips . 6x6 . oil on linen panel

On another note two paintings have made their way to Texas and New York for Christmas and I shall miss them:

Southern Magnolia

Waiting

That about catches me up. . .I do hope you and yours have a wonderful holiday season filled with peace and love.  I'll be back in the New Year!



Comments

Popular Posts