New Work 2020 Fall

 

Pearl . 20x20 . oil/canvas . available


Sharing some new work as we head into Thanksgiving week while the virus blazes through our country, causing us to celebrate more alone than usual.  I'm reminded that in the midst of all this horribleness, new babies have been born or are expected to be born very soon - in fact, two in my immediate friend's orbit.  Although usurped by this deadly virus, we most likely have some things to be thankful for, and I feel sure most of us will be thinking along this line this holiday.   

Pearl, above, was just so much fun to paint.  I love the expressive goat personality and hope to do more goat portraits in the future.  I've included a close up of the somewhat pink hued pearl necklace.

Roses I . 12x12 . oil/panel . available

Roses I may be the most enjoyable painting I've done this year!  Starting with a bouquet given to me from a friend's garden, I just began building day after day, adding this and that, then spent a day or so refining.  Artists often have their favorites, and this one may be at the top of my list!  Process was foremost in my mind and helped to create an evenness in the end result. I cannot wait to varnish this one to bring out all the darks. . .

Fall Pears . 8x10 . oil/canvas . available

Having purchased a bag of pears from Trade Joe's there was nothing to do but paint some, right?  A simple arrangement with some found leaves from outside my door.  This says "fall" to me and I'm sure it's those warm golden, russet hues.

Magnolia Unfolding . 8x10 . oil/canvas . available

Magnolia Unfolding was painted this past week while my computer was being rebuilt!
Yikes, dodged a hard drive fail but look at what was on the easel.  This I found on a recent walk. . .nearly all blooms have vanished due to the season, but here was this gorgeous, perfectly formed bloom low enough on a tree for me to capture a photo.  Naturally I expounded on what the photo revealed, artist's birthright (smile), but that creamy globe was too tempting to not paint!  My cousins reminded me of our grandmother's gift to each of us of a sculptural magnolia bloom in its fullness.  Maybe that's why I am so attracted to them.

I shall end with a fervent wish for your good health and safety along with the hope of  your sensing the innate gratitude and peace of your own Thanksgiving Day.  I personally intend to make space for feeling love and unity with all within this divine season which means so much to so many.  


Comments

Popular Posts