Betwixt and Between

 

Forest Cathedral . 8x10" . o/p

Here we are at Betwixtmas and I'm staring down what few Christmas decorations I have up, knowing there will be chaos and cleaning to do as they are packed up for another year. Might I add, how grateful I am to have even had THIS year! 

The holidays will often lead to creating paintings you probably wouldn't do any other time of the year. . .the plums, below, were inspired by snow and the concept of sugar plums! I've painted these four plums before, but not in this looser concept, so it was really fun!

Plums . 9x12" . o/c

After painting the roses featured in my previous post, I did a little studio study of a single rose to continue my renewed love of flower painting. This was painted on a linen covered Artefex ACM Panel which I had been wanting to try out for some time. My favorite turned out to be the Extra-Fine Linen Canvas mounted on their aluminum panel. . .  

Pink Rose . 7x5" . o/p



White Pointsettia . 5x7" . o/p

This, of course, was inspired by the holidays. . .there was so much "juicy" going on with this and it was a joy to paint, again on an Artefex support. 

To wrap up the year, I painted a small gift for my neighbors who do so much for me. Their Westie, Molly, is dear to my heart. . .

 


It's a little hard to believe this year is closing out. . .I hope we all have the courage (from the Latin word Cor for heart!) to continue on during this unknown, unprecedented time. So many will be needing support, love and our empathy - art has an unusual role to play - not only to remark the times, but to ease the mind with a moment of beauty, perhaps bring a little joy or serenity. 

I'm grateful for all of you who follow my art, comment, send me messages, purchase my paintings. . .helping me to know I'm not alone at the easel, that what I do matters to them.

Here's hoping you experience the deepest joy, the best of health, the breadth of love, the insight of wisdom, and the incredible power of our natural world in 2021. 



Comments

Popular Posts