2022 January

 

Turning Point, 8x6" oil on cradled panel (Sold)

Four paintings have been accomplished so far this January. I have been doing some palette knife work and enjoying it immensely as it seems to help clear the cobwebs. The above painting simply reflects all that's been presented to me this year. . .I sense a turning point.

I find I have few words for this post, as the death of a friend, the surging of the Omicron variant and now snow has taken the edge off a lot of things. I have a feeling a lot of people are dealing with these same things, so I'll just present the work. 


The Inlet, 10x8" oil on cradled panel (Available)

Being of Scottish, English and Welsh descent my ancestry research has taken me to lovely places to dream of. This is another palette knife work from my imagination reflecting the coast of Great Britain.


Somewhere Over the Rockies, 8x6" oil on RayMar panel (Available)

Flying over the Rocky Mountain range has always fueled my complete awe and imagination. This view was from a trip made in 2019 in the month of October, and since the higher elevations are in arctic conditions there's always snow! 


The Gloaming Hour, 8x10" oil on canvas (Available)

Twilight, dusk, the gloaming hour deeply touches my romantic heart. Sunrise is great but the colors at the end of the day are perfection in my mind. As you can tell I'm greatly inspired by nature in all its forms. 



Storey at Burnside, 14x11" oil on linen canvas

Last but not least, the completed portrait of Storey Rose. Painted with love.

Wishing everyone sweet luck and many dreams of spring's arrival!












Comments

Popular Posts