"Blonde" (With Dragonfly)

"Blonde" (With Dragonfly) . Oil on Canvas

This painting is 20 x 16 and was a departure with the Mad Hatter in the background!  The reference is my daughter, years ago, sitting on the Alice and Wonderland statue in Central Park.  While sitting there a dragonfly came to join her. . .right on her hand!  My daughter has a wonderful energy and she's often the subject of my paintings.  This was her "blonde" stage!  She also has an eye for "critters."  When she lived in New Mexico she could spot rabbits, hummingbirds and various other creatures immediately, while the rest of us tried to keep up, saying "Where???"  I have always thought it's an amazing gift that she's so in tune to nature and all its wonders.     

Today is absolutely gorgeous and I'm feeling incredibly grateful. . .for everything!

Comments

Popular Posts