The beauty of. . .


December. . .it's truly lovely how the twinkle of lights, the heartfelt music we've savored since childhood, the season's emphasis on the heart. . .well, it carries such a  distinct ambiance, an atmosphere that often seems to bring us back to center, doesn't it? 

 Tension is who you think you should be, relaxation is who you are."
- Ancient Chinese Proverb

Yes, there's plenty of hustle and bustle, but there's also the chance to spend time with friends and family, the chance to take a minute and share big things or absolutely nothing of consequence.  Does your heart feel wider at Christmas. . .larger and more full?  Mine does!  And I do believe I witness it in others.  Now some would say they wish we could feel this way all year long. . .but when pondering that particular wish, I'm not so sure it would (or could) produce the desired impact! 

 Focusing on others, feeling grateful for all that surrounds us, loving more, feeling a deep reverence. . .well I personally think it's a celebration to anticipate and fulfill, a time to give and to receive.  And while we're speaking of love, save some for our planet and our animals.

Sunrise, December 19, 2010

I woke up this morning with clear intent to actually take the time to watch the predictable gift of  sunrise, feeling quite sure it was going to be a clear, frosty morn.  Perhaps not a lofty goal you say, but as you can see, I wasn't disappointed. . .with a hot cup of coffee warming my hands, I sat snugly warm and marveled at the changing sky. . .feeling the deepest of gratitude.  The day continued on an upward spiral involving the blessing of friends. 

 Yes, I'm a softie, and my heart is wider today.  I hope yours is too. . .   

     

Comments

Popular Posts