"What a difference a day makes. . ."

Well, not exactly a day, but certainly a week. . .once again I've been hit with pre-school germs after hosting my little granddaughter over Thanksgiving, and subsequently have been under the weather all week.  I've managed to work a little in the studio, but not in my usual upbeat way.  I'm working on a bridal portrait and I must say it's really lovely to try and capture the grace and elegance of this particular bride.  Pictures soon!  Meanwhile, our weather in Winston has gone from this:

The day before Thanksgiving. . .abundant sunshine, some leaf color. . .gorgeous fall day.

to this:

Today's sunrise with snow!
Yes, snow started falling yesterday around noon. . .the kind of snow that's pretty. . .doesn't really stick to the roads and coats everything with a pretty white. . .leaving all walkways, driveways and roads in dark contrast.  It's melting somewhat as we head into the day and the sun provides its warming rays, although the temperature is still hovering at freezing but inching up.  All in all, December decided to announce its appearance with a snowy show.  

I'm as interesting as mud this week having been sequestered with said cold.  The highlight was when my sore throat disappeared!  In an effort to conquer, lest be conquered, I've nearly scalded myself in the steamy shower, have drunk more orange juice than I do in an entire year, have rubbed Vicks VapoRub on the soles of my feet (don't laugh. . .it's on the Internet. . .and we all know we can't have it anywhere near our face anymore!), have soothed with hot tea, Alka-Seltzer Cold Plus and Halls' Wild Cherry Naturals, aspirin and Advil.  My croaky voice has been shocking and funny to hear! I'm fully aware that one must "wait out" a  virus, but it's only natural to go on the hunt for some kind of miracle.  I've been advised to try Airborne and Neosporin before getting around the little tyke at Christmas. . .you better believe I'm going to do just that!

I will eagerly take any tips/hints/miracle cures you may care to share for this new phase in my life, i.e., exposure to pre-school germs.  I will also say that having my granddaughter here was worth this lost sick week!  She is hilarious and makes me see the funny side of life. 

What a gift!   




Comments

Popular Posts