Almost there. . .

Jennifer - 5.1.2012

"Jennifer" is coming along - here I've added deep purples and blue-greens to the background to deepen and pull the figure forward.  The white ruffles got some warmth in the shadows then another coating of white.  The earring was painted to near completion and I continued to work on areas of the face. 

I've received many lovely e-mails about this painting with folks being able to see the progression.  Thank you all for writing and taking the time to glimpse at what goes on behind the scenes!

Life calls today. . .the humdrum business of clearing my desk, making sure bills are paid - a little grocery shopping.  That's a good thing, because I'll take this opportunity to "visit" with this painting during the day as I walk through the studio and make notes of what is resonating with me with quick glances.  I need this time to ruminate, ponder and see the whole. 



Comments

  1. Watching the evolution of this marvelous portrait has been quite interesting. It gets better with every iteration! I am sure the sitter must be thrilled (as she should be). Reggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Reggie - the final to be posted very soon!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts