To the Manor Born?


What's on the easel you may ask?  Here is the latest painting in progress and on the easel, and frankly I had originally thought of "Worry" as the title. But this past week I have to say "To the Manor Born" suddenly popped into my head and has stayed there.  I wonder if you have an opinion?  If so, please feel free and eager to give "title" input.  "Dubious" also came to mind, and I will confess that it's one of my favorite words.  You know how we all have favorite words. . .we like saying them, hearing them, using them, etc.  Of course, if you say your favorite word over and over and over, well, it seems/sounds ridiculous - one of those universal quirks I think.  If you tell me I'm the ONLY one who does such nutty things, I will be crushed and know without a shadow of doubt I am a tad "off."  

I see several areas in this painting that need some bling, so I shall attack it tomorrow in an effort to finish it with (hopefully) some sense of satisfaction. 

I escaped out into the real world today as I was absolutely desperate for faces and the so-called life force.  As if to remind me I really belonged back in the studio painting, I was caught in a sudden, unexpected downpour in a LARGE parking lot attempting to find my car.  I won't mention trying to find my keys - you can just imagine it.  By the time the car door was shut and I was safely inside, the outing had lost its luster - I was soaked to the bone with only half of what I had hoped to accomplish.  Ah, but this was a teaching moment. . .when the unexpected throws you a curve ball. . .I smiled, laughed and wished for a fluffy towel. 

After sitting there for a few minutes in the pouring rain I realized how magical it was to feel sheltered and secure.  I wished it for everyone.  

Of note, this little blog has now had over 18,000 page views.  They are, of course, anonymous in case someone starts to panic!  I am totally humbled.  As if to really drive it all home I opened the book "Art & Fear" randomly to a page tonight. . .I had underlined this passage at some point in the past:

"And surely one of the more astonishing rewards of artmaking comes when people make time to visit the world you have created.  Some, indeed many even purchase a piece of your world to carry back and adopt as their own.  Each new piece of your art enlarges our reality.  The world is not yet done."   

Scary and exhilarating! 







Comments

  1. This painting is absolutly amazing and the dogs are precious. I love their eyes...Great job Sandy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We share a love for the animal world! Thank you so much for the comment. . .

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts