How can it be. . .


Listening . watercolor on paper

that of late I have absolutely nothing to say?  Has there been a secret siphoning of all interesting brain matter that has now left an enormous gaping hole where once legions of thought lined up to be expressed?  Sigh.  OR is this just the normal ebb and flow of life and love?  I'm going to choose the latter, as the first explanation goes against natural law, although it seems to have become reality in all recent movies trailers!

It's not as though I've been sitting idly on the sideline. . .no, in fact, I've been out and about doing "things" and meeting various folks.  Perhaps therein lies a clue. . .could it be that aloneness feeds the soul?  Yes, truthfully I really believe it does and that's not just my "big" idea. . .variations of this same theme are expressed in many spiritual teachings around the world.  

As an artist it's paramount to be in the studio and working as much as your body and mind can stand.  Naturally, to find some balance in your life you need to put your "aloneness" aside and venture out to see what's going on in the world.  In my case, I can risk swinging to the opposite side of "Red Rover Red Rover" and go crashing into too much stimulation to make up for the lack of!  That's where the incredible artist discipline comes into play, making it easy to go back into the cave and either finish or begin anew.  The tempting taste of life outside the cave is such a strong pull. . .all that chatter, all that drama, all the multitude of things to do, people to see, places to go. 

Yet, there is STILL something wanting in all of that. . .something intangible, fiercely defending discovery while at the same time rising within begging, if you will, not to be ignored.  Know what I mean?  Sweet peace. . .where the cauldron of your inner life is stirred and coaxed into a nourishing, fragrant soup.  

And lest you think I am devoid of humor, I leave you with this quote:

"Life is entirely too time-consuming."
- Irene Peter






          

Comments

Popular Posts