Side-lined, laid-low, leveled, gobsmacked. . .

Well, gobsmacked isn't exactly used in the right context, but my week long absence from blogging has the incredible yet worthy excuse of being laid low by preschool virus. . .somehow gobsmacked seems like the right word to use! 

Yes, I visited out-of-town with my preschool granddaughter, and while she had the dainty sniffles from her fun and games at soccer with three to five-year-olds, her "Gigi" was totally spun off the planet for several days upon returning home. . .yikes, I had forgotten about the toxicity small children carry, and since I'm forever holed up on a studio alone, it was a humbling (to say the least) experience of feeling sick all week!  BUT. . .(there's always a but, isn't there?) it was well worth it to spend a long weekend with my granddaughter.  Maybe she'll read this years later and know/feel she's so very cherished. . .by the way, not to tell all, she's quite the comedian at three!   

I spent the last week living as a live germ, but continued to paint!  I'm coming out of the shroud of virus and saying "hello" to the world again. . .and I must say, awfully glad about it.  Boy, it gets your attention, doesn't it. . .when you don't feel like yourself?  Okay, enough said about that. . .

So tonight, after this "lost" week, I really don't have a lot to say, except that I'm thrilled with the painting, I'm thrilled that it's September, going on October, I'm thrilled that all kinds of friends are spinning around with their complexities, thrilled that we never know what tomorrow may bring, thrilled with the expectation/knowledge that there are so many people to meet in this world, thrilled with the opportunity to meet goals!  At this age it's totally unreal how much we have in common with so many people. . .it's freeing, it's enlightening, it's interesting, it's a meaningful commonality giving credence to that weird word "species."  Anyway, you get the gist. . .some of this comes from a chance meeting with really nice people tonight!  People you'd genuinely like to get to know better. . .

Such a romantic, such a persistent Pollyanna. . .always believing in the good. . .yes, I claim
 it. . .I personally choose that road and am happy most days because of it!

" When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see   the one which has been opened for us."
- Helen Keller  

My granddaughter's great-grandmother, detail, oil on canvas

Comments

Popular Posts