New Brushes = Catnip. . .

New brushes came all the way from England in the mail this past week. . .oh boy, I've been reading about these for quite some time now and ordered four to begin with.  I'm going to use these specifically in my portrait work but couldn't resist working with them on a couple of new small paintings!   They are living up to their reputation and it just goes to prove (once again) that you should NOT skimp on your materials.  It simply makes everything so much easier. . .and why fight your materials when you are challenged enough to get your vision across on the panel, canvas, paper, etc.?   
The perfectness of a new tube of paint, or the anticipation of working with a new brush definitely qualifies as catnip for the artist.  At least for this one.
I promise I've been working. . .a portrait I'm nearly complete with cannot be revealed as it's one of those "secret" surprise portraits. . .I will blog about it later down the road.  Naturally, there's a great quality of "glee" that permeates the project when doing a piece that is planned to ultimately be a surprise.

Going to a reception at the Germanton Gallery this evening. . .Scott Burdick's One Man Show!
Looking forward to seeing his work. . .I'm thinking catnip again. . . 

P.S.  I put finishing touches on Late Summer Evening, Ashley River:


Comments

Popular Posts