Someone Sent an Angel. . .

Someone Sent An Angel . oil on canvas

Sometimes you are shaken to the core and reminded of the innate goodness some people carry around.  I mean really goodThis afternoon I had the startling experience of tripping and falling in a parking lot. . .quite silly really, but like most accidents it was quick and shocking!   I broke my fall with my chin and did deep damage to the underside. . .ouch! 

 But here's the story. . .the real story. . .two angels jumped out of their car upon seeing my predicament.  People who have never seen me in their life. . .we're talking strangers.  A mother and daughter who took it upon themselves to immediately drive me in my car to the hospital ER!  Whereupon they stayed while I got my tetanus shot and eight stitches.  Their capable abilities took over at once, quickly getting me the necessary cold pack and gauze to hold under the chin. . .helping me in every way possible, from prompting me for my insurance card to cleaning my hands and purse.  No questions asked. . .they just "did it" like the commercial says. . .with gloves on, I will add, in case someone is squirming.  They were angels who rescued me from what could have been a lonely, bewildering experience.   

Now in the comfort of my home with time to reflect and think, I'm just overwhelmed with gratitude and thanks.  The youngest angel has just graduated from nursing school and I'm here to testify that she's chosen the right profession.  Her mother is obviously a shining example in her life. . .their care and concern was above and beyond.  They were having company for dinner for heaven's sake, and had just been out of the state for a family wedding.  .  .with another special occasion coming up this next week. . .their dance card was completely full if not on overload!   But they did not hesitate to extend a helping hand.  Did I mention they also invited me to dinner?  Seriously.  I declined, but it touched me deeply. 

I confess to not being easy to do for, having luckily lived a very independent life.  I like "doing for" rather than the opposite.  But loving friends and family have taught me to receive gracefully. I have learned it can be as important as giving.

Donating our time, money and emotional treasure to those in need is a beautiful thing.  I have been on the receiving end today and will pay it forward the moment it's needed.  Of late my temperature has been lukewarm about "society today."  World troubles, oppression, politics, the recession, jobs shipped overseas, the weather!  A lot to carry around.  But I took it on the chin today and discovered something beautiful.  

Someone sent angels. . .


 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts