Shape Shifting into Fall. . .


Shape Shifting into Fall . 8" x 10" . oil on museum quality panel
(see below to purchase)
-free shipping and display easel included-
What with Labor Day and the remnants of Lee passing through, I've been doing a little cocooning.  For me personally, that's MY ebb and flow pattern of life and I find that when I have bursts of activity, I will quickly follow with some slow living of getting back to basics and finding my center again.  I was told long ago that because of my introverted qualities I would always gather strength by being alone. . .some people need others to rejuvinate, I need time alone!  

One of the ways I celebrate the ebb and flow in the studio is to do these small landscapes, tonal in nature.  They are so calming to me. . .I hope you can experience that same feeling when viewing.  They represent color and simplicity and also focus on the natural world, reminding us of the beautiful planet we live on.  I recently heard (on TV) a former astronaut talking about how our planet looks from space. . .that unique view moved this man to paint for the rest of his life! 

Maybe a hilltop will do? 

"The earth's distances invite the eye.  And as the eye reaches, so must the mind stretch to meet these new horizons.  I challenge anyone to stand with autumn on a hilltop and fail to see a new expanse not only around him, but in him, too."   Hal Borland



Comments

Popular Posts