The thoughtful artist. . .

Artist Brenda Behr's painting of my studio
watercolor on paper
North Carolina artist Brenda Behr is a painting gypsy - her work ethic is off the charts and she traverses this state (and beyond) leaving behind beautiful plein air oils, calligraphic watercolors of beloved places (weddings too!) and serious figurative oil paintings.  On top of that, add in her extraordinary writing talent and you've got the real deal - the "whole package" as they used to say.  Often my head spins just keeping up with her happenings, and if you want to keep up with her, find her on Facebook, subscribe to her newsletter or visit her websites. . .
 
 
Her unfailing dedication to and love of art swirls around all that she does, and you have to think to yourself that she has created a remarkable life around her passion.  Not only is her talent immense, but she has easily and naturally built a network of friends and acquaintances that my introverted heart lusts after!  I have opened my home to Brenda a few times when she is working in this part of the state, or taking a workshop - during the last visit, she completed a small painting of a corner of my studio (a gift and featured above) just before she left to head back to her neck of the woods - after buying my lunch!  Yes, the very thoughtful artist.  
 
If you are imagining that "art" is all we talk about when together, you're correct.  Oh, we cover some other territories - girl stuff, politics, movies - but we always get back to our whirling dervish art lives.  It takes great courage and hard work to carve out an art life - please treat us kindly and throw us a peanut every now and then!  You won't be disappointed for I truly believe art is both enriching and uplifting of spirit.   
  
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! 
   
 


Comments

Popular Posts