Forty brush day. . .

What can I say?  There is no defense.  I apologize to the court of artists' higher learning.  Is that the sound of collective artist friends gasping for air?  I like clean brushes. . .and upon reflection. . .at the end of a very long painting day, (forty brushes worth. . .yes, I counted!) I have decided, unequivocally, with no doubt and with complete reverence and honor, that my penchant for using as many brushes in a painting session as I possibly can. . .phew. . .may actually explain why my skin tones have been described as luminous!  Ta da!  Mystery solved.  Or "precisely" as my new British friend might say. . .he has a habit of saying that quite often, I might add, and instead of being annoying it is really "raaather" quite charming.   

Example as shown. . .a detail of a commission painting last year. . .note clarity, purity of tone, no muddy stuff here!  Ahem, clean brushes! 

Yes, it was a very good day of painting. . .in fact, while cooking dinner tonight I kept looking round at my easel in the studio. . .for the child's face there on canvas was looking so real I could not help but stare!

Sometimes the magic happens. . .on a dime things turn around.  In an instant or a few simple hours dramatic changes  can take place.  Isn't that what keeps us waking up each morning?  Well, that and coffee. . .speaking only for me, of course! 

The possibilities. . .the possibilities.  I just love that word, possibility.  Sigh. . .it's a gift we have been given and it's so exciting that sometimes you have to marvel at the surprise and, oh no. . .I'm going to say it. . .the serendipity of it all.  Okay, I'm not going to go on about that particular peculiarity of life. . .I think I've covered that in previous posts and don't need to wax on.  So let's just leave it at two quotes. . .yes, this is a two quote Monday!

"I can therefore I am."  - Simone Weil

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well - if one has not dined well."  - Virginia Woolf.  I know, it isn't appropriate for the post, but it's so true isn't it?  So much so that you need to think it frequently and most especially on a fabulous forty brush day. . .or at a very good restaurant. . . 





   

Comments

Popular Posts