Spontaneity. . .on the heels of turning inward. . .

Spontaneity. . .the state or quality of being spontaneous, according to many dictionaries.  

I took the weekend away from the computer. . .a self-imposed sort of "quiet" time I felt I needed/wanted.  Funny how that comes to you. . .you feel a certain restlessness and as you go about your day something all of a sudden arrives in your inbox.  I'm not talking about your computer inbox.  I'm talking about the original incredible computer. . .your MIND

Thoughts that come from the ether and materialize out of thin air. . .all of a sudden they are "there" needing to be addressed and pondered.  Now that I've ripened sufficiently through the years, I pay attention to those thoughts. 

The particular thought materializing at the end of last week was specifically that I needed a break from being tuned in.  I've always been the kind of person who easily, gratefully slips inward to renew, rejuvenate in order to become refreshed and excited by the world again.  So, e-mails went unanswered, calls weren't taken, blogging definitely didn't happen; I walked by the office door without even flirting with the computer . . .oh yeah, it felt right.  I fondly remember the days of leaving an office with the luxury of shutting the door and turning it all off. . .well, maybe not entirely turning it off, but the physical act of walking/driving away was sweet reward enough. 

As extra fuel for my "inward" fire, spontaneous happenings happily became the icing on my cake. 
Who doesn't like icing, I ask?

A late night visitor capped a most satisfying studio Friday. . .with mellowness ascending, the moon rose slowly through the trees, due east from my deck. . .soon I'm joined (spontaneously) by a friend to share the moonlight, conversation, revelations, energy and just plain goodness until 2AM!  This kind of happening oddly gives meaning to your life. . .it's easy to remember back upon the time when spontaneity played a starring role in some kind of good memory, isn't it?  Rarely regrettable, these times serve to warm our hearts, fuel our human nature.

Then this morning I was invited for a lark. . .to "play" a little before facing the Monday of the week.  I said YES and another lovely memory was made.  I'm always telling my "youngling" to make memories . . .and realize I seriously need to listen to my own lofty advice!     




On an art note, this little guy left the studio this weekend. . .he's on his way to Connecticut.  Just a small study on panel I did for practice and gifted to his "mama."  I'll miss him, having been captured by his handsomeness and expression.  Perhaps my spontaneous decision to paint him will resonate with his dear family through the years and create some kind of memory in the far off future. . .   



   

Comments

Popular Posts