From Soup to Nuts. . .

A crazy day, after a weekend of intense painting. . .I shipped a print, ran errands, worked on marketing, correspondence, did a commission proposal, yada, yada, yada.  This kind of day is good. . .it breaks up the studio time, yet you still feel as if you're working towards your goal of creating art.  It also gives you a chance to get out of the studio, look people in the eye, have a conversation and feel like a citizen of the world! 

Many of you know I began with still life. . .I was hooked from the beginning, as everything I painted had such intense meaning.  The artifacts and "stuff" of my life!  And happily it touched many people, as I've recently stumbled upon the unmitigated realization that we are all cut from the same cloth, we march to the same drum, we are so close in thoughts, dreams, aspirations, hopes, it's downright scary!  Folks, I rarely find a person I have NOTHING in common with these days.  I'm saying people we are of the same family. . .too cool to wax on; will just leave it at that.

Here's a painting I recently re-worked, and yes, it's a still life!  Naturally, you can find every item depicted in the painting right here in my home; that's just the way it works.  I collected Italian pottery for a very short time, hence the vase and the name of the painting.  This was painted from a set-up I threw together in my Florida studio originally, and the background is full of texture, all made up. . .thank you Mr. Imagination.  Still lifes are often chock-a-block with things from "soup to nuts."  Mine are too, but they are not born out of the mysterious, as some.  They simply are painted because of love of line, shape, beauty and more often they are painted because someone's memory is attached. 

Italian Pottery, oil on canvas - 24" x 30"







Comments

  1. Storey said "Wow, that's Gigi's pears & apples!"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts