Sometimes in Life the Stars are Kind. . .

A long dreamy day in the studio.  I'm working on a portrait painting I can only describe as "moody" both in setting and tone.  Although I'm in a particularly great place, especially mentally, it's not a struggle at all to approach this painting with its dark tones.  I have dreams about this painting. . .it's in the very beginning stages, but today I saw how it's going to evolve into my dream.  Until that very moment, when you can actually see/feel that you may be able to pull it all together to express your intent, you are painting blind.  The "seeing" moment is huge. . .it gives you courage to continue, it inspires and energizes all of your thought processes.  The stars are kind and give you a glimpse that will carry you on towards completion.   


On Top of the World

I'll be posting the new painting soon and if brave enough I'll post it before it's finished just to demonstrate, like I've done before, what a difference a day makes!  Or two days. . .or three days. . .

Comments

Popular Posts