The Space Between Things

Time to Heal, watercolor on paper

I'll be shipping a print next week of this original painting.  This particular  print has been sequestered downstairs, and in the process of getting it ready for shipping I've had it upstairs where I've had easy viewing access.  Making art is SO much about the process, that extended viewing of your work can feel almost surreal.  First I'm transported back to the idea behind the painting. . .then the actual set up and the eventual evolution of the background.  Next I reflect on the actual studio space it was painted in, and at last how I came about giving it a title.  This particular painting sold quickly and I didn't spend much time with it at all. . .looking at it now I see the serenity in it and know that I was attempting to get back to a place of personal calm, a resting place if you will.  Hence, Time to Heal.  It oozes calm in its symmetry, shape and simplicity.  The space between is equally important and helps to round out the whole.  I'd say that's also important when applied to our life. . .the space between.  Note it and feel it. . .for it may be just as meaningful. 

Comments

Popular Posts