Morning Thunderstorm!

 A Saturday morning thunderstorm. . .we've been so parched that it's safe to say the rain with all its accompanying lights and noise is quite welcomed and relished.  Or not.  For the artist, this is a great day to be in the studio painting; the cocoon of it all is soothing.  Add some music, depending upon your mood, good lighting and canvas beware! 

Yesterday I began the day by looking at Blue Ridge #3 and deciding that it needed MORE.  I'm wallowing around in the color of it all, having no fear and just diving in where instinct says "this color here."  Visiting it today I think my impulse was right and frankly I'm shocked at all the color and texture.  Somehow this doesn't seem like my painting. . .it's such a departure from anything in the past and I'm not quite comfortable with it.  I believe that's a real good sign; being uncomfortable means you're on to something and it's growing, changing, evolving.  Just like the passing thunderstorm, where soon the sun will be out again with a fresh beginning, the painting journey is much the same.  


The NEW Blue Ridge #3
   

Comments

Popular Posts