Volunteer Day

Yesterday was a long day at the easel; shut down near 8 P.M. and STILL had to wash up brushes,  clean the palette AND exercise!  Not to mention dinner. . .but today was a no paint day - I volunteered to help hang the new "Black and White" show at the artist's organization here in town, Associated Artists of Winston Salem.  It was a fun venture between various artists who all had different opinions; we shared and collaborated and hung paintings.  The temptation to move just one more thing is strong. . .resist, resist, resist.  I don't have a piece for the show, but oh how it made me want to rush back to the studio and do something in velvety charcoal.  Next year.  

I'm pondering the work of the last two days. . .still not finished, but close.     


This is actually the third painting of the Blue Ridge area and it's more horizontal. . .24 x 30 to be exact.  It will need a few strokes (I think) before I can call it quits, done, finished, NEXT!  And speaking of next, I do believe I need (read want) another trip west of here to get more inspiration.  A visit with the mountains and good friends seems to be in order.
   

Comments

Popular Posts