New Work

Easter Gift . 16 x 20 . oil on panel


I've been experimenting with supports. . .panel and canvas.  I do my commissions on Signature's Claessen's Linen, which is an absolute dream. . .the paint seems to glide on and details seem effortless.  I've recently done a couple of quick portraits on panel. . .yikes!  It's like painting on glass and quite different from a canvas feel, which has a certain spring to it.  But I find I like it (panel) for exactly what it presents:  a hard, slick surface that's certainly challenging and different.  I couldn't resist painting Storey in her Easter dress and I executed it on panel.  Speaking of Storey, she was up for a visit recently and got right to work in the studio on a few abstract watercolors.  She picked out the colors and finished several paintings, knowing exactly when to stop!  That's something the best of artists struggle with!  When is a painting finished?  Well, hats off to Storey. . .she told me when she was finished with one and ready to begin another.  Mind you she's still technically a two-year-old. . .just closer to three.



She's showing signs of a "true" artist, rushing to the studio to begin the day while still in pj's!  Here are her paintings:


 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts