Not Quite Finished. . .

The Little Marauder (detail) on 7.15.10

This painting is still in progress, but thought I'd share it with you anyway!  You can see the original detail of William Bouguereau's painting if you scroll down to my "It Cannot Be July" post!  Her skin tones need to be refined and lightened, but as you now, that's how you work in oil. . .dark to light.  So, another full day should bring it to where I want it.  Doing this exercise, copying the best of the best, so to speak, is a fabulous way to learn. . .to SEE.  Practice, practice, practice.  

I'm getting ready to start another portrait of my daughter's friend. . .she may end up being my new muse as she has such a strong, classical face, really wonderful.  I ordered the gorgeous Claessen's double primed canvas today and will be doing a happy dance when it arrives so I can get started.  I'm hoping this next portrait will suit me well enough to enter the Portrait Society of America's Annual Member's Only Competition.  Incredible, out-of-this-world competition there, but hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?   My intention is to create my best yet.  

Off to an opening tonight. . .always good for inspiration!  

Comments

Popular Posts