"I'm Only Happy When it Rains. . ."

There's actually a song that goes something like that. . .and yes, I'm announcing that today it finally rained!  We've been patiently waiting up here!  Nothing like the gift of rain to gently wash away all that has grown stale and dusty. . .a specialty of the planet we spin on, thank you very much!


I was back to work in the studio today, finishing up two landscapes inspired by the Blue Ridge Parkway.  It all went well, and to top it off I had company from Florida. . .passing through on a pre-college tour.  They had time for iced tea and a good chat, then were back on the road.  It was a treat and absolutely great that they took the time to stop and say hello.  In addition, another Florida friend called and we caught up on news. . .I can't help but think how lucky I am to have such wonderful, caring people in my orbit; it's the icing on the cake, the warmth of a summer rain.   





Comments

Popular Posts